Friday, July 31, 2009

Can a masked love bird be as tame as a peach-face?

recently my belovered peach-faced lovebird died.


in about 6 months i would like to hand raise another lovebird.


i am considering a black-masked lovebird, although i am not sure is they are as tame as a peach-face.


my peach face went every where with me (even the beach..haha) and after seeing how tame and affectionate my bird became, i am keen to get another.


i really like the black masked love bird, but are they as tame and affectionate?


after my experience with my other bird, i hope to buy a baby and hand raise it.





thanx for all of your help

Can a masked love bird be as tame as a peach-face?
In short the answer is yes. How ever a masked love bird will revert to wild behavior quicker than the peachfaced will. You must and I repeat must interact with the bird on a daily basis. No exeptions for at least the first 6 months after weaning. Then the masked will be tame and stay that way as long as you keep working with it. BUt he first 6 months are crucial.
Reply:You should get out the training classes at www.xoparrots.com, membership is free, and the leader of the classes really works wonders.



genealogy mormon

No comments:

Post a Comment