Monday, August 3, 2009

I have a very old peach tree in my backyard & it's got some black dots?

This peach is said to be from spain according to my grandmother who owns it and it's old. It has these round black.....bugs?.....almost like a sal/potato bugs all curled up stuck to the branches and there is a bit of sappy looking stuff between each one. If I pick one off and smash it...a yellowish/greenish color comes out. Can anyone tell me what this could be and how to get rid of the bug and bring the tree to health? I'm in California zone 9 if that helps

I have a very old peach tree in my backyard %26amp; it's got some black dots?
Hard to say, but I'm sure that if you take a sample bug or two to your local University of California agricultural station, they can tell you in a second. Each county in CA also has an agriculture division that handles such questions if you don't have a UC near you.





I have peach trees, but I've never seen a bug that looks like the one that you describe. If they are getting at the sap, they might carry infections to the live part of the tree, or be laying eggs there that could damage your tree. On the other hand, it could be harmless or even beneficial. So, get it checked out before you start whacking them with insecticides or organic remedies.





Good luck.



tax credit

No comments:

Post a Comment