Monday, April 20, 2009

How to make peach paste filling for cookies?

Hi! I%26#039;m trying to figure out how to make a peach based cookie filling for my mooncake molds. Any suggestions? Thanks!

How to make peach paste filling for cookies?
sorry i don;t have the recipe your lookinf for but well try to give what I have, here it is..





Banana Bars with Mascarpone Frosting


Posted by Anna on 27 Sep 2007 | Tagged as: Bar Cookies





It’s California walnut season, which means most of the walnuts being shipped right now are at their best. This is a good thing because I was getting tired of taking bad walnuts back to the store. Surely the guy at the customer service desk now thinks of me as the crazy walnut lady who came in every couple of days with an opened bag of walnuts saying “These just weren’t up to par….can I try another bag?” or “Golly, I don’t know. This is my second bag. Maybe I’m developing an aversion. Could I just try one more bag?” The madness has ended and walnuts are pretty darn good right about now.





So that’s my long-winded excuse for choosing walnuts over my beloved Texas pecans. I hope all the pecans reading Cookie Madness don’t feel bad.





This recipe was inspired by a reader who requested a good frosted banana bar recipe. I’ve made tons of banana bars in my life, but never settled on a “best of the best” and didn’t keep any good notes. After some research, I found that the most beloved banana bar on the Internet was similar to this one which originally (as far as I know) appeared in the Betty Crocker Cookie Book….the red one that used to be called the “Cooky” book.





My version uses half of the ingredients and is baked in a 9 inch square pan. It also includes nuts (so they’re optional, of course) and a mascarpone frosting.





Banana Bars with Mascarpone Frosting





1 cup (4 1/2 oz) unbleached all purpose flour (spoon it, sweep it, don’t scoop it)


1/2 teaspoon baking soda


1/8 teaspoon salt


2 ounces butter, softened


3/4 cups granulated sugar


1 large egg


1/2 cup sour cream


1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas


1/3 cup toasted walnuts


8 walnut halves for garnishing





Frosting:


3 ounces mascarpone cheese (or sub cream cheese) at room temp


3 tablespoons butter, softened


1/4 teaspoon vanilla


3/4 to cup powdered sugar (more if desired)





Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 inch square metal pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray.





Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.





In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Using medium speed, beat in the egg, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Add the bananas and stir until well mixed.





Fold in the flour mixture (I use my heavy duty spatula) and stir just until blended. Fold in the walnuts. Pour batter in the pan, spread to the edges and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. The bars might not appear very brown, so make sure to use a toothpick test. Cool on a rack. When cool, prepare frosting





Prepare Frosting. Beat together mascarpone cheese and butter. Beat in vanilla. Add powdered sugar and stir until mixed, then beat until fluffy and light. Spread over cooled bars. At this point, you might want to chill the bars for a while to set the frosting. When the frosting has firmed up a bit, lift from pan by grasping foil. Trim edges if desired and cut into bars. Garnish bars with walnut halves. I trimmed the edges and cut out 8 bars.



Soles

No comments:

Post a Comment